SAF FRONTLINE SAFETY TRAINING
Safety leaders understand the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce, and often wish that frontline supervisors understood this as well. SAF Frontline Safety Training is a 2.5 day course designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the bigger picture of safety, and his or her role in creating a safer work environment.
Upon completion of the SAF Frontline Safety Training course, a supervisor will be able to:
- Describe how exposures to hazards can lead to accidents.
- Perform a worksite analysis.
- Recognize hazards.
- Determine what potential effects an identified hazard may have.
- Determine what the OSHA Code of Federal Regulations say regarding an identified hazard.
- Determine how to control identified hazards.
- Communicate hazard-related information to personnel in the field and in administrative positions.
- Initiate an accident investigation.
- Understand some of the psychology that drives employees’ “unsafe” behaviors.
Students will receive:
- A student workbook.
- OSHA Standards for General Industry (CFR Part 1910) and OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry (CFR Part 1926).
- 20 hours of instruction, delivered by an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer in Construction and General Industry.
- A certificate of completion.
Discounts are available for active military and veterans. Click to Learn More.
- Military discounts are available for our Specialty Training Programs, such as COSS, COSM, and Safe Supervisor. Call to check for the availability of the military discount for other training programs offered by Delaware Valley Safety Council.
- Military discounts are available for anyone who is active military, a veteran or a member of the reserves.
- Proper military verification must be submitted with the registration, such as Form DD214 for veterans, or a military ID card for active service people and reserves. A copy of this paperwork must be kept on file with student’s registration.
- The discount will be 15%, PROVIDED WE ARE DEFINITELY RUNNING THE CLASS WITH OUR 3-PERSON MINIMUM—3 students already registered at regular price—before we will register and offer the military discount.
- Payments must be made with a credit card; invoicing and payment plans for the program may be set up with the DVSC Controller. Full payment is due one week prior to class start.
- The same late fees and cancellation fees apply.
Upcoming Course Dates
- Dates TBD
Are there any prerequisites to COSS, COSM, and Safe Supervisor?
COSS requires individuals to have a high school diploma or equivalent. COSS is an academically rigorous course that requires nightly reading from a college textbook, daily quizzes, student presentations and a comprehensive written exam.
COSM requires a minimum of 2 years of safety, health and environmental work experience. Participants must complete required assignments in order to receive the final COSM certificate.
SAF Frontline Safety Training does not have any specific prerequisites.
DVSC-UD / 501 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716
NOT SURE IF COSS TRAINING IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Attend our FREE Virtual Information Session on Thursday, August 20, 2020 (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST) to learn more about the COSS occupational safety programs. This virtual session will also include a question and answer portion. Registration is required. Be sure to select "Occupational Safety" during registration.