BASIC ORIENTATION PLUS®
The Basic Orientation Plus® (BOP/BOPR) is governed by the Association of Reciprocal Safety Councils who does not permit this program to be streamed online. BOP/BOPR is required to be completed in a proctored environment. PetroChem+ is a PSM program developed by the Delaware Valley Safety Council which can be streamed online. PetroChem+ PSM is accepted at Advansix, Braskem, Delaware City Refinery, Johnson Matthey (refining & chemical plant), Monroe Energy, Paulsboro Refinery, Phillips 66 (Bayway Refinery), Repauno Port & Rail Terminal, Solvay, Valtris in lieu of BOP/BOPR.
The full 5 hour Basic Orientation Plus (BOP) program is held each Tuesday at 8:00 am (check-in begins at 7:00 am). PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Click here to register.
Please note: students who do not attend their scheduled Basic Orientation Plus class will be charged 50% of the total cost of the class. Cancellations must be submitted no later than 3:00 pm the day before training to avoid the no-show fee.
What is Basic Orientation Plus® (BOP)?
Basic Orientation Plus® prepares the student to perform various duties in the safest possible manner. Upon successful completion of the course and testing, the student will receive a Basic Orientation Plus® badge that lists the training and its expiration date. Training may be verified by owners and contractors through the Basic Orientation Plus® secure online database.
What topics does Basic Orientation Plus® (BOP) cover?
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) and Chemical Safety
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Hearing Conservation
- Electrical Safety Related Work Practices for Non-Qualified Workers
- Respiratory Protection
- Elevated Work
- Fall Protection
- General Rules & Emergency Procedures
- Accident Prevention, Signs and Tags
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Excavation, Trenching & Shoring
- Emergency Action Plans
- General Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Fire Prevention
Need customized training?
The Delaware Valley Safety Council would be happy to accommodate your workplace safety training needs. Contact us today to request a quote.