Safe Supervisor Course Summary
Safe Supervisor was designed to be an in-depth set of learning modules that equip supervisors with the core competencies of occupational safety and health for the Chemical, Construction, Energy, Engineering, Fire, Food, Government, Human Resources, Health, Medical, Municipal, Oil and Gas, Security, Shipyard, Transportation and Utility fields. The heart of the Safe Supervisor Program is the solid foundation built on learning to read and apply the OSHA safety and training requirements in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926. Each orientation involves face-to-face, hands-on learning, delivered by an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer in Construction and General Industry; and prepares the student to perform various duties in the safest possible manner. The course features daily quizzes, interactive classroom discussions, case studies and a comprehensive final exam. Upon successful completion, the student will receive a Safe Supervisor certificate that lists the training and its expiration date. Training may be verified by owners and contractors through the COSS secure online database, accessed at www.coss.net.
► Upcoming Course Dates
September 12th – September 14th, 2017
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
DVSC-DE / 501 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716
From I-95, use Exit 1 (DE-896 N/S. College Ave.). Continue straight for about 1.5 miles. Make a right at the traffic light, then an immediate left towards the parking lot/building.
► How To Register
Submit your registration using our secure PDF form:
(2) Download the PDF form and enter your information.
(3) Click the Submit button at the bottom of the registration form. To avoid multiple submissions, please click on the Submit button once. Please allow a few moments for your information to submit to our secure server.
► Executive Course Summary
The Safe Supervisor course consists of Three 8-Hour Days, a total of 24 Hours. The Safe Supervisor Program is designed to enhance a supervisor’s understanding of the the pivotal role that frontline supervisors play in shaping the safety mindset in the workforce. By learning how to promote safety on a job site, Safe Supervisor graduates have the knowledge to help lower fatalities, near misses and OSHA citations. Price: $1,399.00.
Course Awareness Level Topics:
- Description of how exposures to hazards can lead to accidents.
- Performance of a worksite analysis.
- Recognizing hazards.
- Determining what potential effects an identified hazard may have.
- Determining what the OSHA Code of Federal Regulations say regarding an identified hazard.
- Determining how to control identified hazards.
- Communicating hazard-related information to personnel in the field and in administrative positions.
- Initiating an accident investigation.
- Understanding some of the psychology that drives employees’ “unsafe” behaviors.
Safe Supervisor orientations do NOT replace contractors’ and owners’ specific training programs and do not authorize employees to do work. The employer must provide the employee with proper training for the specific job. Visit www.coss.net to learn more.